Monday, August 20, 2018

Palace dares Naga City officials to disprove PRRD's 'shabu hotbed' claim: "Patunayan nila na shabu-free 'yung kanilang mga bayan."



President Rodrigo Duterte | Photo from CNN Philippines

Malacañang challenged Naga City officials to debunk the recent claim of President Rodrigo Duterte that their City was once a hotbed of shabu.

Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque on Monday made this challenge as he called on Naga City officials to be less onion skinned and exert more efforts to crackdown illegal drugs in their city.

“Kung sa tingin nila mali ang Presidente, hindi hotbed of shabu ang Naga, patunayan nila. Labanan nila yung mga nagbebenta ng droga sa Naga," Roque said at a news conference.


"Labanan nila 'yung mga nagbebenta ng droga sa Naga at patunayan nilang hindi talaga hotbed of shabu, na shabu-free 'yung kanilang mga bayan."

Roque has also said there was no need for the President to present proof to the public that the hometown of Vice President Leni Robredo was a "hotbed of shabu".

Photo from theposhtravelers

“He doesn’t have to do that. He already has access to information. He said it. Let it be,"

“Kung talagang hindi siya hotbed for shabu, well, e di hindi siya hotbed ng shabu. Dapat ‘wag sila masyadong masaktan dahil alam nila ang katotohanan."

Last week, President Duterte said he believed that Robredo could not improve on anything as he once again questioned the competence of Robredo

that she was not fit to succeed him as President citing her home province a breeding ground for crystal meth.


"You can ask the hotbed of shabu in the past years. I would not mention the name. It was Naga City” Duterte said

In response, the Naga city government sait "cannot remain silent over this deep insult hurled against the dignity of all thoes from Naga. That's unfair."

Roque reiterated that the President has “access to all available information that only a President has access to” and did not need to prove it. However, he said Duterte will only apologize once proven wrong.

President Rodrigo Duterte | Photo from ABS-CBN
Department of the Interior and Local Government officer-in-charge Eduardo Año and Dangerous Drugs Board chairman Catalino Cuy said last week reports about the continuing drug transactions in Naga will undergo validation.

****

Dear avid readers, what do you think of this article? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.

Source: www.pna.gov.ph