Duterte: Trillanes' wealth is from his closed door meetings with China - The Daily Sentry

Monday, June 18, 2018



Duterte: Trillanes' wealth is from his closed door meetings with China



Photo credit: Manila Bulletin
In September of last year, President Rodrigo  Duterte said that Senator Antonio Trillanes is hiding wealth which he attained throughout his  trips to China in 2012 when he negotiated with Chinese officials at the height of the dispute over the West Philippine Sea.

In an interview over PTV-4, Duterte said that it was Trillanes' negotiation with China that led the country to lose the disputed Scarborough Shoal.

The President said,“Yung mga dummy na ‘yan o nagbigay sa kanya ng pera or otherwise ‘yung kinita niya sa China when he was going back and forth eight or nine times sa China, tapos ‘yun ‘yung nag-accumulate yung mga pera niya. That was the time we lost the Scarborough Shoal."

The allegation was not new since it first came from Former Senator Juan Ponce Enrile who previously accused Trillanes of favoring China when the latter served as the Philippines’ backdoor negotiator tasked to diffuse tensions between the two countries.

Trillanes allegedly had 16 secret meetings with the Chinese.

Because of this, Duterte has branded Trillanes as a "traitor".
“He’s bent on destroying me. I will destroy him or he will destroy me. Gano’n lang ‘yon,” The President said.

He said that he has gotten hold of Trillanes' bank accounts and that he has gotten substantial evidence against the senator.

At present, online media has for a trending topic the alleged participation of Trillanes to the country's loss of the Scarborough shoal, as well as that of former President Benigno Aquino III's involvement, and that of his former officials.

Meanwhile, Trillanes has not given a comment on these allegations.

Source: news.mb.com.ph